Wednesday, June 14, 2006

paradigm shift...my way :-)

i had an evening of reminisce..and was reading thru some old emails of mine..i found this one worth publishin...here it goes...

***********************
Comrade

TODAY is a very special day in my life :-).
today i brought a lunch box to my office.and whoever knows my really well, know thats the last thing i wanted to do.
never in life i liked to carry a lunch box with me.and never before did i thought,i will be doing this some time later.
my school was pretty close by.so i used to rush home for a quick lunch admist shoutings from my lovely grand mother for my haste and sprint bak to school to join the soccer during lunch time.
Even after she walked away,i used to come home during lunch breaks.after 10th standard i was a free bird.away from home and just enough money in pocket,me with my hostel mates in MIT,Thrissur found lots of places to eat lunch during our +2.Bharath was the best among them.(saju and asif can take a break and refresh those days :-) )even now..after 12 yrs those attenders in bharath recognise me and walk down to me and refresh memories and express delight on my travel ahead.so whenever am in town,i used to find time to drive down to bharath and meet those selfless souls just for a friendly smile and a couple of loving words.there are lot many things in this life which is worth billions yet forgotten :-)).i met and got friendly with nawab rajendran in those visits to Bharat.we often shared a table for tea and spoke a little.he was a charming person to talk indeed.a true philanthrophist !!!.may his soul rest in peace.
Then came in the engineering days.i was the king,i was the god.my weekly budgets were hiked.thanks to my dad.i had enough money to live a life out there.i lived with my uncle in those 4 yrs.
he too was generous once in a while :-)).in btw he got married and my aunt cooked very well.but my aversion for lunch boxes remained stronger.eatouts in thrissur were plenty.
Thanks to manjith...my lunch mate for 4 yrs.he used to take me for lunch in car or bike..and we had great time.some times joined by pinto,sanju,faisal and who not :-)).
Thanks to thanuja for all those biriyani and fried rice you brought for me during those 4 yrs.life never stalled there.it flew and i was in bangalore soon after my course.thanks to BPL for those campus interviews which i never had in the wildest of my dreams.( Thanks to sanju for filling up those forms for me ).In BPL there was a good canteen.Lunch Boxes were still untouche .No sooner i realised pastures are greener else where and headed to my present home,Wipro.lot many offices in last 4.5 yrs or so.every where there was a canteen.and had great lunch mates wherever i went.( Guyz and Galz. I remember you for those great moments we shared ) lunch boxes remained out of question and thoughts.
Right Now it has become a neccesity.i have to walk 2 miles if i need to eat out.am fed up of that food too.(its really costly as well) Mac Burgers doesnt fascinate me any more.and so does Afgan kababs and Mexican delicacies.
My room mates in bangalore shouldnt faint reading the following lines.Thank god that my mother dont have an email Address( i dont remember her NIC id if she have one).if she had one and she if do read me,she would have flied down here to make sure am the same son who left her a week back :-)).
Today morning,i got up at 6.(Saju Francis.. i really miss that morning tea these days.i always wait for you to call me and then realise am else where :-(( ..its a pain.)
got ready pretty fast.made my break fast.corn flakes,bread toast,boiled eggs and tea all by myselves.then i did cooked my lunch.Boiled rice and a curry.packed my lunch in the lunch box and left home for office at 8 am.Some of You wont find it great.but i can see many eye brows goin up and too many folds appearing on fore heads :-)).
Am i turning good ?? Becoming that good boy my teachers always wanted me to be ??. Am i becoming a son of my mother's expectations ??
Am afraid !! since i feel,this is not the end,its not even the beginning of the end,but just the end of the beginning.
Am happy with myselves today.and with whom do i share this joy if not with you.

Sudheer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why don't u publish these snippets?
they are simply beautiful and i assure u a wide readership.
Goodluck!

Anonymous said...

Good and useful, submit this blog in www.ckalari.com

Anonymous said...

Good and useful, submit this blog in http://www.ckalari.com